Saturday, June 11, 2011

Are you a morning person?


I am not a morning person... I wish I were. I can imagine my life as such. Getting up in the morning, not feeling upset or groggy and going for a walk in the meadow, feeling the dewy mist on my skin as I look at the rich colors of wild flowers. Okay, okay so I don't have the meadow in the close vicinity :) But I do have poppies in the garden.
So how about making a pot of coffee, while listening to Bob Dylan, Nick Drake, U2 and the soundtrack of Amelie.  With coffee in hand,  grabbing my recent New Yorker to read two of my favorite contemporary authors (Jhumpa Lahiri, Jeffrey Eugenides) in the summer reading issue. I sit outside in the garden, and marvel at the plants as they stretch from the early rain...  and sip my coffee and read. And it is just the perfect morning.




So how did this happen to me? I have noticed that if  I wake at an early hour, I feel fine. Yet I don't get up. There is something magical about fluffy pillows and my husband's warmth next to me. At a later hour, when I go back to sleep for another round of memory infested dreams and someone wants to wake me up.... well I am not in a great mood. So today I got up, almost like an experiment, to see how this would go. And it is a gift I could give more often to myself.



Nem vagyok egy reggeli ember.... Persze szeretnem, ha az lennek.  El tudom kepzelni, ahogy felkelek, es nem vagyok lelassult es almos es felig meg az alomvilagomban. Szeretnem ha a hajnali harmat csiklandozna, ahogy a reten setalok es gyonyorkodom a vadviragok szepsegeben. Jo jo, hat nincs ret a kozelben :) de van pipacs a kertben.
Mi lenne ha felkelnek, es foznek egy jo nap adag kavet mig Bob Dylan, Nick Drake, U2 es Amelie filmzeneje zummog a fulemben?  Es amikor elkeszult a kave, felkapnam a heten kapott nyari irodalmi szamat a New Yorker-nek, es megkeresnem a ket kedvenc Jhumpa Lahiri es Jeffrey Eugenides irasait. Utana kiulok a kertbe es nezem ahogy a novenyek orultek a hajnali esonek, es nyujtozkodnak... Olvasok es iszom a kavet. Jol hangzott, pont ezt tettem. Es ez a reggel csodalatos. 



Meglepo, hogy ezt magamrol irom, hogy tortent velem mindez? Rajottem, hogy amikor koran reggel magamtol felebredek, nem vagyok fasult faradt. De mert koran van nem kelek fel, a parnaknak a puhasaga es a ferjem olelese az agyban tart. Es kesobb, amikor amikor valaki epp akkor ebreszt fel, amikor probalom az almomban az emlekek es almok utcait vegig jarni, hat nem orulok. Igy ma felkeltem kora reggel, majdenm mint egy kiserlet, hogy lassam, milyen reggelem lesz, ha magamtol kelek. Es ez a reggel egy olyan ajandek, amit adhatnek tobbszor is magamnak.

No comments:

Post a Comment