Friday, October 14, 2011

knitting - Shadow cable scarf finished + new scarf on the horizon



I have finished the Shadow cable scarf, and it looks very nice and warm. Now I just have to block it. The measurements are 8 x 70 inches. My husband thinks this is an ideal length, but I have reservations, as I have not blocked it yet.
Befejeztem a Csavaras arnyekkal salat, es nagyon szep lett es jo melegnek tunik. Most mar csak a blokkolas van hatra. A mostani merete 20 x 178 cm. A ferjem szerint ez egy jo meret, de azert nekem meg vannak fenntartasaim, hiszemn a blokkolas meg vissza van.


I have started a new scarf, the motif is in the Barbara G. Walter book, A fourth treasury of knitting patterns. called Wavy Ribbing. But as I did a few rows I realized that my scarf is not symmetrical. I personally love asymmetry, but I know that I am not the majority in this view. So I asked the expert in the house, namely my husband, who cannot live without symmetry. You might wonder how did I realize this? Well I was feeling creative one day and  tried to rearrange the furniture in the living room and the bed room....Not a chance. 
So I am starting a new version of this, and it will be more pleasing to the eye. 

Elkezdtem egy ujabb salat, a minta Barbara G. Walker konyvebol van, Kotes mintak negyedik kincstara. A motivum neve: Hullamos bordazat. Amint par sort kotottem rajottem, hogy nem szimmetrikus. En egyebkent nagyon szeretem az asszimetriat, de tudom, hogy ez az emberek tobbsegere nem igaz. Igy megkerdeztem  a hazban a szakertot, marmint  a ferjem, hogy mit ajanl. Vajjon  honnan tudtam hogy a szimmetria nelkul az elet szamara egy tortura? Hat csak annyit mondok, hogy egy nap kreativnak ereztem magam, es elhataroztam, hogy atrendezem a butorokat a haloban es a nappaliban. Nem jott ossze.
Summa summarum ujra kezdem a salat, es biztos hogy szimmetrikus lesz. 

image from Amazon 


No comments:

Post a Comment