Saturday, October 8, 2011

knitting - Shadow cable scarf + KnitPicks interchangeable knitting needles


I have started a new pattern called Shadow Cable scarf. It is an easy project and very pretty. I am  using Wool-Ease (80% acrylic, 20% wool).  I have three balls and after knitting the first one the scarf measures 8x15 inches. I think after using up all three balls this scarf will be the right length. This yarn is thick, aran weight. I use size 7 needles.
Elkezdtem egy ujabb salat, Csavaras arnyekkal a neve. Egyszeru es szep minta. A fonalam Wool-Ease, ami 80% muszal, 20% gyapju. Harom motringom van, az elso gomboc megkotese utan a sal mostani merete 20cm x 63cm, igy azt hiszem a harom gomboc pont jo meret lesz. Eleg vastag ez a fonal. 4.5-os tut hasznalok.

Now let me write a few thoughts about my KnitPicks needles. I  bought them in April, but just got around to using it. I bought two sizes 6 and 7, and two different cable lengths. This is a pretty cool idea that you can interchange your needle and cable. As I knit, I have noticed that the cable starts to unscrew from the needle. So I keep an eye on it, and screw it on at times. (I almost want to write the obvious, that if I do not do this, I might get screwed.... can you imagine the needle and cable coming apart, and all your stitches falling off ....) The needle is made of birch and is fantastic.
And let me say something else...
KnitPicks has a WONDERFUL customer service. I have noticed that one of the needles were a bit loose so it did not screw on the cable part tight. I called and explained them what is going on, and they mailed a new pair of needles. Not just one, but a pair. and they suggested that I use the loose one as a shawl pin or hairpin...
Hat akkor most hadd irjak az uj KnitPicks  kototumrol egy par sort. Ez az elso alkalom, hogy kotok vele, pedig mar aprilisban megvettem. Ket meretet vettem, 4 es 4.5-est, es ket kulonbozo zsinor hosszat, most a rovidebbel kotok. Az otlet oriasi, hogy lehet varialni a meretet es a damil hosszt. Viszont azt tapasztaltam, hogy allandoan ujra kell csavargatnom, mert valahogy el kezd kitekeredni, mikozben kotok. A kototu nyirfabol van es nagyon kellemes.
Ja es meg meg kell hogy jegyezzem, hogy az ugyfelszolgalat FANTASZTIKUS ennel a cegnel. Az egyik tu menete nagyob volt, es laza ezaltal, amikor csavartam a damillal ossze....de pikk-pakk kipostaztak egy ujabb szettet. Nem egy tut, hanem egy parost. Es azt ajanlottak hogy a masikat hasznaljam disznek, hajtunek vagy kendot osszefogni...
photo from KnitPicks website

No comments:

Post a Comment