Monday, May 9, 2011

Knitting my first shawl


 
I started to knit as a teen, I was even knitting during class in high school. So I have a base, which is good. Then I started to work, my interests went towards films, and moved to the US. Somehow knitting faded away. (Though I still had my stash in Hungary) Right now I am not working, and have time to revisit knitting. In the past six months I have learned a lot, it is amazing how much I did not know, like blocking, and then there were things that I forgot. YouTube is my constant companion to look up things. I am a visual learner, so this is the best way for me to learn. In my free time I like looking at knitting patterns. Recently I have discovered lace knitting, and I think I am smitten.  I started to knit a shawl not long ago, the pattern you can find on Raverly. The yarn is  Knitpicks's Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn, which is a really nice to knit. I love the color, it is called Blue Yonder. This was the first time that I bought yarn online, and will continue to do so. I ran out of yarn, since I started the pattern with a smaller knitting needle, than the pattern recommended. So I needed to order more yarn, and they matched my dye to the previous order, which made my day. Perhaps this is not a big deal for them, they might color a big batch, but never the less it was thoughtful. The pattern is still lacy, but it is not as open.



Tini koromban sokat kotottem, gimiben meg az oran is, igy megvannak az alapok. Aztan jottek a munkahelyek, joves-menes, filmek es kulfoldre koltozes, es valahogy elmaradt. (Bar a fonalakat megtartottam otthon)
Mivel nem dolgozom es van idom, fel eve ujra elkezdtem ezzel foglalkozni. Ez alatt a fel ev alaltt eleg sokat tanultam, meglepoen sok mindent nem tudtam, peldaul a blokkolast, es volt amit elfelejtettem. Youtube-on az ember megtalal minden fortelyt. En vizualis tipus vagyok igy szamomra a video a legjobb tanar.
Egyik kedvenc idotoltesem a kotesmintak nezegetese. Mostanaban teljesen oda vagyok  a csipkekotesert.  Eddig az a tapasztalatom, ha az elso kotes minta kialakult, akkor mar megy minden siman -vagy forditottan- tovabb. Gyonyoru ahogy a minta kezd kibontakozni.
Az elso csipke kendom az egy turkiz kek kendo lesz , es meg folyamatban van.....A kotes minta a Raverly-n talalhato.Knitpicks-nel vettem a fonalat, Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn a neve, nagyon szep a szine, (Blue Yonder) es jo vele kotni. Ez volt elso alkalom, hogy az interneten vasaroltam fonalat, de ide biztosan sokszor visszaterek majd. A minta  hatszori imetlese utan rajottem, hogy kisebb tuvel kezdtem, mint ami a leirasban  volt. A minta igy is csipkehatasu, de nem olyan szellos. Viszont kisebb tuhoz tobb fonal kell, igy rendelnem kellett meg. Es nagyon helyesek voltak, mert kertem, hogy kuldjenek abbol a szin kodbol amit elso alaklommal kuldtek, hogy ne usson el, ugynaz az arnyalat legyen.... es azt kuldtek. Lehet, hogy nekik ez nem nagy ugy, mert sokat festetnek egyszerre, de nekem ez a figyelmesseg sokat jelent.



No comments:

Post a Comment